Sunday 1 March 2015

You can Create it !!!

Helloooooo,
How is your weekend going? I am excited as today *You can Create It* our new monthly challenge goes live here in the UK. If you don't know what I am talking about please see this post

And this month's kit looked like this

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the SAB Free papers called simply irresistible, so many possibilities and so many techniques to try. However the colours had me stumped a little because the kit included two purples Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum and I had a hard time seeing another colour after that LOL.
Here's what I came up with :)
I paired these purples with daffodil delight but in a diluted version. 

I used my Daffodil delight ink pad and an aqua painter to add a wash of colour over the designer paper. And I loved the spotty dots popping up afterwards. From then on I used one of my favourite stamp sets in the Spring catalogue and overstamped the fern in always artichoke ink and the background in daffodil delight. The butterfly was stamped in elegant eggplant and the sentiment in memento black.
Here's a little close up for you

I added some pearls to the body of the laced butterfly and yes I did cut the flutter by hand (yeah I know, badly) even though I have the framelits but they were hiding from me at the time so I did what I had to do. What you don't loose things in your stamp room? oh you do as well? I thought I was the only one :)
So there you have it !! My first challenge is done and dusted. What do you think fancy want to be challenged with a little kits once a month? fancy joining us? then get in touch at 
youcancreateituk@yahoo.co.uk

And this is the lovely project Teri created, I have to admit I love what she made from this kit it just shows what can be achieved when you stretch yourself creatively :) love this cute box 



 And you can go and see what the others in other countries have created with the same kit




Right enjoy the rest of your Sunday we have a play date planned with Olly's little brother and we both really excited. Thank you for stopping by 
xoxoxo
MONICA 


Shop Stampin' Up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx