Wednesday 1 April 2015

Pinch Punch... and You Can Create It


Hello there :),
I have been so slack with the blogging again but hey new month new challenge to do better right? :) 
This is our first month of the You Can Create It monthly Challenge and we had a lot of subscribe to receive a kit in the post each month. 
Here's what this month's ingredients looked like 
Now I have to admit it was a little tough this month. Packs had card stock in three colours Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe, some sequins and a piece of window sheet (thick acetate) 
Here's my card 
Photography leaves a bit to be desired so I apologise for that. I started thinking about the acetate and I kept wanting to make a shaker card given that the sequins were part of the kit as well. And because that was the obvious idea that popped in my head I wanted to make it even harder and find another idea. And it came to me, I ended up embossing the acetate with white embossing powder (and yes Stampin'Up! window sheets are fabulously thick and heath emboss beautifully) 

My overall card ended up very romantic as result of me using the Lovely and Lacey background stamp. I paired this window with the beautiful cherry blossom stamp from the set Indescribable Gift. This was also embossed in white powder then coloured using inks and an aqua painter :). 

And then I fussy cut the lot :o !!! what do you think? 


And here's Teri's project this month 



I thought it was funny we both used the same stamp! I love the way she used the acetate, makes the front of the card looks like its floating :) 
Now I can't wait for you to head over to Teri's blog and see what our participants created with the same kit this month. And of course if you want to take part in next month's challenge you can join right now. For details read this post then contact us to get you signed up and ready to play :) 

And you can go and see what the others in other countries have created with the same kit




Thank you so much for visiting today I hope you have a fab rest of the week :) 
xoxoxo
MONICA 

Shop Stampin' Up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx